Information we collect:
- Payment information for processing payments through our Merchant Partners. We do not store any credit card numbers
- Anonymized Google analytics data to help better our website and offerings. Google may store a cookie. Feel free to opt out with Google's plugin.
- Affiliates who opt to use the optional affiliate control panel will receive a temporary cookie.
- Apache Webserver (see apache.org) logs.
- Contact data submitted through live chat or support tickets.
- Any e-mails we receive.
How we Use Collected Information:
- E-mail addresses are used to send information regarding subscriptions, payment confirmations, responses to customer inquiries, and TorGuard promotional offers only.
- Payment data is utilized to manage client signups, payments, and cancellations. No private payment data such as credit card numbers are stored.
- Anonymized Google analytics data is used to improve our website.
- Apache webserver logs are regularly purged and are created by the webserver. No usernames or passwords are ever logged at any point by the webserver.
- Contact submissions and e-mails will only be used for correspondence during the course of business operations.
- Temporary cookies are used to handle control panel logins and affiliate marketing.
- TorGuard does not collect or log any data from its Virtual Private Network (VPN) or Proxy services.
TorGuard.net users have the option to register with personal information. The personal information provided is collected solely for private use by TorGuard.net as it relates to standard business operations. Upon registration for services at TorGuard.net the account owner’s name, email address, and date/time is stored. This information is recorded to prevent fraud and abuse of TorGuard.net services. No data is ever provided to a third party unless required to do so by law. TorGuard.net users can modify or remove the personal information stored at any time. Upon request, TorGuard.net will provide a user information on what account related data is stored. Registered users may request removal of all personal information at any time by contacting the support department or the official TorGuard.net data controller.
The TorGuard.net Data Controller Contact Information can be found below:
e-mail: admin [at] torguard.net
Mailing address: VPNetworks LLC, 618 E. SOUTH STREET, STE. 500, ORLANDO, FL 32801